Research is a really important reason why we have been able to make all the progress that we have made up to this day. It is really important that we always do our research and try to extract as much information as we can before we make any sort of major decision, be it a life decision, a relationship decision or a personal purchase. If you are currently considering switching to electric toothbrushes and do not which one to buy, then you can read through the best electric toothbrush reviews in order to have a better idea of which brands and models have received the most positive feedback from everyday people.
Top 5 Best Electric Toothbrush in 2021
- Removes up to 100% more plaque than an ordinary manual toothbrush
- Senses when you brush too hard with pressure sensor
- Clinically proven superior 3D cleaning oscillates and pulsates to break up and remove up...
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsation movement if you brush too hard and the in handle...
- Gentle and effective care made easy with sonic technology that removes up to 7x more...
- Protect your teeth and gums with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when...
- Featured in CLINICIANS REPORT as BEST products of 2015!
- Extra-long battery life. Re-chargeable battery lasts 6 WEEKS on a full charge
- 40,000 VPM Smart Toothbrush – Beauty, brains and power. The Black Series is a world...
- Accepted by the American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Scientific Affairs – We put...
What Are Electric Toothbrushes
An electric toothbrush is a battery-powered toothbrush that is able to move the bristles of the brush automatically either by making back-and-forth oscillation motions or rotation oscillation motions and so on. These electric toothbrushes are powered by a small motor that is present inside the toothbrush and is battery powered.
Why People Are Buying Them
No one really thought electric toothbrushes would be popular, but they still happen to have a stable market and a lot of people do buy and use them. In case you still happen to be a skeptic or still doubt the higher price point that comes with an electric toothbrush, you can keep on reading a few of their advantages below:
- Electric toothbrushes basically do the cleaning job for you. So, you do not really have to worry about moving your hand and brush enough while you are absentmindedly brushing your teeth. This is especially useful for people who might have special needs, senior citizens or anyone really.
- Electric toothbrushes have actually been found to be effective in cleaning teeth. The movement of the bristles is designed to provide maximum coverage and even pressure which allows for teeth to be cleaned consistently throughout. In fact, electric toothbrushes are able to remove plaque more than manual toothbrushes.
- Electric brushes exert reasonable and even pressure on your teeth and gums. This is actually good for people who end up brushing their teeth too aggressively. Using an electric toothbrush allows them to apply the right amount of pressure that will not end up harming their teeth and/or gums.
- An electric toothbrush will last you longer than a manual toothbrush. In fact, it can last you over a year (provided that you are changing the brush head after every 3-4 months) compared to a manual toothbrush.
So, it is safe to say that electric brushes, while more expensive than manual toothbrushes, do happen to offer a few extra advantages that make up for the higher price point. So, if you have read through the following advantages and are now confident that you do want to invest in an electric toothbrush, you will now have to deal with the challenge of actually selecting one.
There happens to be a lot of variety in the market and it can understandably get confusing to choose the right one. Of course, this is where research will help you once again. So, read through other people and their experiences with different electric brushes and so on.
What to Look For in an Electric Toothbrush
Different electric brushes might have different features and might promise you a lot of different things, but before you get swayed by the advertisement claims, you should read through the following list of things you should take into consideration when selecting an electric toothbrush.
- When you are looking at price tags, you will find that there are models that are under $100 and those that go over that as well. If you look into the more expensive kinds of electric brushes, you want to read through and try to figure out what they are offering to you. These features can include a bunch of different brush head options for people with sensitive teeth, people with braces and so on. They might be offering you extra accessories, or they might be offering you features like Bluetooth connection with your smart device via an application and so on. You can then decide whether or not you might be in need of those additional features and whether they justify the higher price point for you.
- You will find that there are a number of different kinds of electric brushes that work differently. You will find electric brushes with simple rotating heads, and these are generally considered to be the cheapest kind on the market. Most people opt for rotating-oscillating toothbrushes since they are able to perform a more thorough job at a reasonable price point. You will also find other types like pulsing, counter-oscillating, and side-to-side movements and so on. As a general rule-of-thumb, the vibrating variety is generally more expensive than the rotating type of electric brushes.
- You want to look into the running life of the electric toothbrush. Some people do not mind electric brushes that need to be recharged quickly, however, for people who like to travel or are generally not a fan of having to charge their toothbrush too frequently, they might want to look into electric brushes that have longer battery life and so on.
- You also want to look into how the toothbrush feels to hold and use. You want to have an electric toothbrush that is easy and light to grip because this will allow you to hold and handle it better. So, always give an electric toothbrush a basic grip test to see whether or not it sits comfortably in your grip.
- You also want to check out the quality of the brush head. You will need to replace the brush head once the bristles get worn out, so you want good quality brush heads that do not end up wearing out too soon or else it will start costing you a lot more money since you will keep having to buy new brush heads sooner than you had expected or planned, and electric toothbrush heads are known to be a little pricey, so be mindful of all of that.